Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Bienvenue dans le forum Kunena!
  • Page:

TOPIC: See you down the road.

See you down the road. 1 week 1 day ago #40515

• zhangzk
  • Fresh Boarder
"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Twinkie Town Farm ReportSatire Phil Niekro Jersey , Irreverence, & Other HumorGame RecapsNewsArea man leaves sports websiteNew,48commentsSee you down the road.ByRandBall's StuDec 21, 2018, 10:10am ESTShareTweetShareShareArea man leaves sports websiteHello. Stu here, letting you know that this is my last post for Twinkie Town. Rumors that I’m retiring now that Joe Mauer has called it a career are inaccurate, but I am taking a much-needed break from trying to wring laffs out of Chris Parmelee’s name and Drew Butera’s fictional arson career.I need to thank some people:Jon Marthaler. The Voice of Minnesota Soccer asked me if I’d like to write for this site ten years ago, because they needed someone who was home on Friday nights, and he knew I had young kids and couldn’t afford to do anything else but watch the Twins on cable. If Jon doesn’t do this, a lot of other cool things that happened to me down the line likely don’t. Thank you, Marth. Jesse Lund. My first editor here and the site’s founder. He told me not to swear in the headlines and otherwise let me write whatever I wanted. Now, some might say that letting me write a month’s worth of content from the perspective of Carl Pavano’s mustache is a poor editorial decision, but that’s neither here nor there. Thank you, Jesse. Pip pip cheerio or whatever they say on that godforsaken island.Maija Varda. Jesse’s successor and fellow editor emeritus was equally supportive and made sure I didn’t faceplant writing about a serious subject like http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-nick-markakis-jersey , say, when the team’s best power hitter was credibly accused of sexual harassment.Thank you, Maija. I hope Joe Mauer gets in the Hall of Fame, too.Aaron Gleeman and John Bonnes. I couldn’t ask for two more supportive friends in local baseball media. They’d amplify things I wrote here to a local and national audience, such that my friend Josh would text, “Hey, Joe Posnanski just linked to your Nick Punto Oral History,” and I’d know that one of them had signal-boosted my dumb jokes.My family. They had to watch a lot of bad Twins baseball on Friday nights, people. Kevin Correia starts. Jason Tyner batting 5th. Telly Hughes in the stands talking about free peanuts. My god. They’ve heard the phrase “downward plane” 10000 times, I bet.You. Thank you for reading this. Go Twins. New York Yankees (13-10, second in the AL East) vs. Los Angeles Angels (9-15, fifth in the AL West)Anaheim, California; Wednesday, 10 p.m. EDTPITCHING PROBABLES: Yankees: CC Sabathia (1-0 Chipper Jones Jersey , .00 ERA, .80 WHIP, 8 strikeouts) Angels: Felix Pena (1-1, 4.15 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, 14 strikeouts)BOTTOM LINE: New York will sweep the series over Los Angeles with a win.The Angels are 7-6 in home games. Los Angeles’s lineup has 28 home runs this season, Mike Trout leads them with six homers.The Yankees are 5-3 on the road. New York has hit 41 home runs this season, fourth in the MLB. Luke Voit leads them with seven, averaging one every 12.1 at-bats.TOP PERFORMERS: Tommy La Stella leads the Angels with six home runs and is batting .242. Andrelton Simmons is 14-for-46 with seven doubles and five RBIs over the last 10 games for Los Angeles.Voit leads the Yankees with seven home runs and has 18 RBIs. Gary Sanchez is 10-for-37 with a double, six home runs and 11 RBIs over the last 10 games for New York.LAST 10 GAMES: Angels: 2-8, .265 batting average, 6.16 ERA, outscored by 15 runsYankees: 8-2, .243 batting average John Smoltz Jersey , 2.81 ERA, outscored opponents by 21 runsAngels Injuries: Nick Tropeano: 10-day IL (shoulder), Tyler Skaggs: 10-day IL (ankle), JC Ramirez: 60-day IL (elbow), Keynan Middleton: 60-day IL (elbow), Andrew Heaney: 10-day IL (elbow), Justin Upton: 60-day IL (toe), Michael Hermosillo: 10-day IL (groin), Zack Cozart: day-to-day (head/neck), Shohei Ohtani: 10-day IL (elbow).Yankees Injuries: Luis Severino: 10-day IL (shoulder), Jordan Montgomery: 60-day IL (elbow), Ben Heller: 60-day IL (elbow), Dellin Betances: 10-day IL (shoulder), Aaron Judge: 10-day IL (oblique) Matt Kemp Jersey , Aaron Hicks: 10-day IL (back), Clint Frazier: day-to-day (ankle), Jacoby Ellsbury: 60-day IL (hip), Troy Tulowitzki: 10-day IL (calf), Didi Gregorius: 60-day IL (elbow), Greg Bird: 10-day IL (foot), Miguel Andujar: 10-day IL (shoulder), Giancarlo Stanton: 10-day IL (bicep), Gary Sanchez: 10-day IL (calf).
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds